Monday, July 7, 2008

Spotlight from July 6th

Carrie R was born and raised in New Jersey. She and her husband Brian met at a stake dance when they were 17. They were just friends but started dating seriously after his mission. They have been married for 5 and a half years and have two little girls - Naomi and Gwen. Together Carrie and Brian love to watch movies and cuddle on the couch. Carrie attended Southern Virginia University to pursue a degree in Liberal Arts and now is a stay at home mom while Brian finishes up his schooling. Her favorite food is chocolate ice cream and her favorite restaurant is Mimi's Cafe. Carrie has been to Canada and Scotland on a genealogy tour with her family. If she could go anywhere it would be Italy. Her favorite book of all time is " The Princess Bride". Carrie loves to decroate and plan parties in her spare time. She likes to listen to Pop music. Carrie's favorite scripture is Moses 1:39.

Carrie's Testimony

I know that this is the true church on earth. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that He will help us and guide us. I know that He lives still, that He knows each of us. I know that as our advocate He will bring us back to our Heavenly Father. I know that He wants this for each and every one of us! I love the organization of our church. I know that each of the programs on earth have been placed here to teach us and be for our benefit. I know that our Prophet guides us. I know that we are constantly receiving guidance – from our leaders and also for ourselves through prayer and faith. I know that we have been established in family units – also for our benefit – so that we can return to our Father and be happiest with those that we love surrounding us. It is amazing to me to realize how all of God’s plans have fit together. Its amazing that all of these things have been done for us – out of love! I am excited to live the rest of my life and then return home and know all of my family and friends as they really are!

No comments: