Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spotlight: Amy

Amy is from Mesa, Arizona. She has been married to Zack for almost 4 years and they have two little boys: Mitchell and Jackson. They were both in the same ward Amy's senior year at BYU. The first semester they were in the same FHE group and Zack would invite her over to play Settlers of Catan with his roommates. She wasn't interested. The next semester he asked her on a date. She thought it was because he couldn't find anyone else, but the dates kept coming until they were only seeing each other. The Harts love to play games together, go on family outings, water tube, read, and watch movies. Amy loves trying new foods (except seafood). She especially likes Thai and Indian and her favorite restaurants are Cheesecake Factory and the Melting Pot. She never served a mission but her younger sister just got called to serve in Baltimore, Maryland! She spent a semester in Vienna in 2003 and was able to visit Bratislava, Prague, Rome, Venice, Budapest, Interlaken and Paris. She would love to visit Africa or Greece sometime in the future. Some of Amy's favorite hobbies are card making, reading, hiking, traveling, and horseback riding. She LOVES to listen to soundtracks. Her favorite scriptures are Luke 23:34 and Hebrews 11.

Amy's Testimony: I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, live. I know that they know each of us by name and that they love us unconditionally. I know that our Savior atoned for our sins in the Garden, that he died upon the cross but that after 3 days he was lifted up. I know that His Resurrection makes possible the resurrection of each of us. I know that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven as long we obey his commandments, repent of our sins and endure to the end. I know that the Temple is essential to each of our salvation and that the Spirit found within its walls can only bring us closer to Them. I know that the priesthood is the power of God here upon the earth and that it allows us to be blessed in our times of need. I know that as we use this power and depend on it that we will grow closer to our Father and Savior as well. I know that the scriptures are true. I know that if we will read them regularly and study them that we will grow closer to our Father and Savior. There was a time in my life where I did this more diligently than others and I can bear testimony that I have never been closer to my Father in Heaven and Savior than at that time in my life. Trials were heaped upon our family at that time but I testify that they were but a fleck of dust. The Lord truly took our burden upon Him because we were following his commandments and desiring more than ever His peace. The peace which comes from Him is real and can be felt by anyone who places their burdens before Him and makes every effort to feel of His Spirit by obeying Him. I know that prayer is a gift and that if we will use it daily in our lives the connection between heaven and us will grow thinner and the blessings will begin to flow. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. I know that he will lead and guide this church under the direction of our Savior. I sustain him and his counselors with all of my heart. I know that this church is true. I know that my Savior lives.

No comments: